I Fight Bears
Based in London, United Kingdom
16th October 2013
DescriptionHave you ever wanted to punch a bear IN THE MOUTH? When Tim Burr's family disappeared and his house spontaneously burst into flames he thought his day was as about bad as it could get. That's when his hand became self-aware and broke the horrific news that the world was now ruled by bears. Join Tim as he embarks on an epic battle across time and space, unravelling the bear-ridden damage to Earth's timeline. It's a bit like Quantum Leap but with more bears and lumberjacks. FIST OF AWESOME is a heartfelt love-letter to golden classics like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Prepare yourself for the most epic time-travelling-lumberjack-em-up OF ALL TIME!
HistoryFor Valentines Day 2012 Nicoll created a short game for his girlfriend. The game involved a chunkily-pixelled Nicoll punching his way through an army of bears to be rewarded with a kiss from his lovely girfriend. That game ignited a long lost desire to create the greatest scrolling beat em up of all time. A hugely successful Kickstarter campaign in November 2012 led to a massive infux of interest and support for the project.
FutureAfter successful releases on PC, Mac, iOS, Android & OUYA Nicoll has chosen to spend the rest of his life sleeping and eating chocolate.
- A lumberjack who travels through time punching bears in the face to save humanity
- Develop Award Nominated soundtrack by Brendan Ratliff aka Echolevel
- Okay-ish pixel graphics
- An impawsible number of bear-themed puns
- USB & Bluetooth controller support
- Like Streets of Rage, but with more bears
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of E3: Most Surprisingly Awesome" Time.com, 16 June 2013
- "Finalist for Indie Games Arcade" Eurogamer Expo 2013, Earls Court London, 26-29 Septmber 2013
- "FIST OF AWESOME definitely lives up to its namesake. This is one crazy, weird, challenging, and content-rich brawler that iOS owners shouldn’t miss."
- Rob Rich, 148Apps
- "It's shockingly well done... might be the best game of its genre we've seen in a long time."
- Eli Hodapp, TouchArcade
- "Basically, it’s Double Dragon with walking animals and humor. FINALLY."
- Jared Newman, Time
- "This is a quality retro beat ‘em up, as pixelated and punching-at-deer-from-inside-a-Tamagotchi as you could want."
- Chris Littlechild, VGAMERZ
- "While I personally generally resent those who feel it necessary to put their title
in ALL CAPS, this is necessary. Why, because it’s a game about a time-traveling
lumberjack who travels through time and beats things up."
- Carter Dotson, 148 Apps
- "What can I say, I like games about punching things."
- Rob Fearon, Retro Remakes Presents: OW:Videogames
- "It’s a scrolling beat ‘em up featuring lumberjacks fighting dinosaurs. This is the
sort of premise that warrants further investigation."
- Simon Parkin, Hookshot Inc
- "I am on board. I'm so on board the deck of my boat has a boat on it, and I'm on
- Eoghann, Touch Arcade Forums
About I Fight Bears
I Fight Bears is an ultra-sexy micro development house based in North London. Founded by Nicoll Hunt, I Fight Bears focuses on delivering original, offbeat games for a wide variety of platforms.
More information on I Fight Bears, our logo & relevant media are available here.
FIST OF AWESOME Credits
Head Honcho, Programmer, Designer & Artist