I Fight Bears
Based in London, United Kingdom
16th October 2013
DescriptionHave you ever wanted to punch a bear IN THE MOUTH? When Tim Burr's family disappeared and his house spontaneously burst into flames he thought his day was as about bad as it could get. That's when his hand became self-aware and broke the horrific news that the world was now ruled by bears. Join Tim as he embarks on an epic battle across time and space, unravelling the bear-ridden damage to Earth's timeline. It's a bit like Quantum Leap but with more bears and lumberjacks. FIST OF AWESOME is a heartfelt love-letter to golden classics like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Prepare yourself for the most epic time-travelling-lumberjack-em-up OF ALL TIME!
HistoryFor Valentines Day 2012 Nicoll created a short game for his girlfriend. The game involved a chunkily-pixelled Nicoll punching his way through an army of bears to be rewarded with a kiss from his lovely girfriend. That game ignited a long lost desire to create the greatest scrolling beat em up of all time. A hugely successful Kickstarter campaign in November 2012 led to a massive infux of interest and support for the project.
FutureAfter the initial release of the single player game on iOS, Android and OUYA work will begin on FIST OF AWESOME: GRIZZLY EDITION for PC & Mac. The GRIZZLY EDITION will feature local multiplayer support for up to 4 players, an extra 3 playable characters in story mode and extra stages. Once complete the GRIZZLY EDITION will also be released on iOS, Android and OUYA as a free update.
- Humour - A delirious sense of humour reverberates throughout the whole storyline and action packed gameplay.
- Revolutionary Touch Controls - On mobile platforms the gesture based combat system allows for fast reactions, huge combos and an unparelled move set.
- Amazing Graphics - The fast paced action is brought to life with gloriously retro-style graphics and animation.
- Bombastic Soundtrack - Showcasing the incredible talents of Echolevel aka Brendan Ratliff the FIST OF AWESOME music brings back hazy memories of feeding coin after coin into cabinets in smokey arcades.
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of E3: Most Surprisingly Awesome" Time.com, 16 June 2013
- "Finalist for Indie Games Arcade" Eurogamer Expo 2013, Earls Court London, 26-29 Septmber 2013
- "FIST OF AWESOME definitely lives up to its namesake. This is one crazy, weird, challenging, and content-rich brawler that iOS owners shouldn’t miss."
- Rob Rich, 148Apps
- "It's shockingly well done... might be the best game of its genre we've seen in a long time."
- Eli Hodapp, TouchArcade
- "Basically, it’s Double Dragon with walking animals and humor. FINALLY."
- Jared Newman, Time
- "This is a quality retro beat ‘em up, as pixelated and punching-at-deer-from-inside-a-Tamagotchi as you could want."
- Chris Littlechild, VGAMERZ
- "While I personally generally resent those who feel it necessary to put their title
in ALL CAPS, this is necessary. Why, because it’s a game about a time-traveling
lumberjack who travels through time and beats things up."
- Carter Dotson, 148 Apps
- "What can I say, I like games about punching things."
- Rob Fearon, Retro Remakes Presents: OW:Videogames
- "It’s a scrolling beat ‘em up featuring lumberjacks fighting dinosaurs. This is the
sort of premise that warrants further investigation."
- Simon Parkin, Hookshot Inc
- "I am on board. I'm so on board the deck of my boat has a boat on it, and I'm on
- Eoghann, Touch Arcade Forums
About I Fight Bears
I Fight Bears is an ultra-sexy micro development house based in North London. Founded by Nicoll Hunt, I Fight Bears focuses on delivering original, offbeat games for a wide variety of platforms.
More information on I Fight Bears, our logo & relevant media are available here.
FIST OF AWESOME Credits
Head Honcho, Programmer, Designer & Artist