I Fight Bears
Based in London, United Kingdom
DescriptionFIST OF AWESOME is a time-travelling-lumberjack-em-up of epic proportions. It stars Tim Burr as a man out of time, caught up in a needlessly convoluted plot to enslave humanity by populating history with homicidal wild animals. FIST OF AWESOME gleefully conjures up nostalgic memories of the likes of Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and other fondly remembered brawlers from the 1990s golden age of scrolling beat 'em ups.
HistoryFor Valentines Day 2012 Nicoll created a short game for his girlfriend. The game involved a chunkily-pixelled Nicoll punching his way through an army of bears to be rewarded with a kiss from his lovely girfriend. That game ignited a long lost desire to create the greatest scrolling beat em up of all time. A hugely successful Kickstarter campaign in November 2012 led to a massive infux of interest and support for the project.
FutureAfter the initial release of the single player game on iOS, Android and OUYA work will begin on FIST OF AWESOME: GRIZZLY EDITION for PC & Mac. The GRIZZLY EDITION will feature local multiplayer support for up to 4 players, an extra 3 playable characters in story mode and extra stages. Once complete the GRIZZLY EDITION will also be released on iOS, Android and OUYA as a free update.
- Humour - A delirious sense of humour reverberates throughout the whole storyline and action packed gameplay.
- Revolutionary Touch Controls - On mobile platforms the gesture based combat system allows for fast reactions, huge combos and an unparelled move set.
- Amazing Graphics - The fast paced action is brought to life with gloriously retro-style graphics and animation.
- Bombastic Soundtrack - Showcasing the incredible talents of Echolevel aka Brendan Ratliff the FIST OF AWESOME music brings back hazy memories of feeding coin after coin into cabinets in smokey arcades.
Awards & Recognition
FIST OF AWESOME has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "While I personally generally resent those who feel it necessary to put their title
in ALL CAPS, this is necessary. Why, because it’s a game about a time-traveling
lumberjack who travels through time and beats things up."
- Carter Dotson, 148 Apps
- "What can I say, I like games about punching things."
- Rob Fearon, Retro Remakes Presents: OW:Videogames
- "It’s a scrolling beat ‘em up featuring lumberjacks fighting dinosaurs. This is the
sort of premise that warrants further investigation."
- Simon Parkin, Hookshot Inc
- "I am on board. I'm so on board the deck of my boat has a boat on it, and I'm on
- Eoghann, Touch Arcade Forums
About I Fight Bears
I Fight Bears is an ultra-sexy micro development house based in North London. Founded by Nicoll Hunt, I Fight Bears focuses on delivering original, offbeat games for mobile devices. Plus the logo is a stickman fighting a bear, that’s got to count for something.
More information on I Fight Bears, our logo & relevant media are available here.
FIST OF AWESOME Credits
Head Honcho, Programmer, Designer & Artist